The Youth Equity Stewardship (YES!) program engages youth and adults through an experiential, arts-based process to build soulful, inspired, brave & inclusive learning environments.
Participants gain lifelong skills as they are energized by forming deeper relationships across differences, nurturing their creative expression and cultivating their powerful stewardship qualities on a journey toward community uplift and equity.
* Five days of interactive leadership training
for 60-100 students and 10 - 15 staff
* Alignment with Gary Howard’s Deep Equity process
which includes both the conceptual framework
of the five phases and multi-generational
collaboration with the adult Deep Equity school teams
* Advanced skill building for active stewardship of inclusive school & community climate
* Development of a critical lens for recognizing educational disparities and initiative for taking compassionate, creative and courageous action
* Students are active contributors and adults are energetic youth allies for bottom-up
school improvement efforts
* Youth participants engage as Youth Equity
Stewardship mentors for younger students
YES! IN SCHOOLS
"Sustainability is our number one priority and YES! has provided that for us.
The masterful integrstion of art, music
and the spoken word has empowered
our students and teachers to reach
across differences to create a learning
and living environment where we
strive to embrace differences
and truly honor diversity."
Coordinator of Integration
Elk River Area Schools